Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Michigan Hutaree militia group members begin trial Tuesday
Seven members of the Hutaree militia group will go on trial Tuesday in a downtown Detroit court.
- Interview with Bob Bashara: Part 5
Bob Bashara didn’t shy away from answering questions about his marriage with Jane.
- Was the Super Bowl really super?
Our Bernie Smilovitz shares his answer …
- Interview with Bob Bashara: Part 4
In an exclusive interview with the Local 4 Defenders, Bob Bashara details what he was doing the night his wife went missing and when he knew something was wrong …
- Truancy sweep targets Detroit students
DETROIT (WXYZ) – Skipping class or being late for school earned more than two dozen students a trip to a Detroit police station. The Operation Safe Passage Task Force executed its first truancy …
- With Fewer Police and Rising Crime, "Justifiable Homicides" Soar
Living in a city with a substantially diminished police force, a growing number of the residents of Detroit, Michigan, have decided that they can take a "bite out of crime" all on their …
- Father sues over son's grisly killing
The father of a man killed in a notorious west Michigan murder case has filed a pair of wrongful death lawsuits in Macomb County Circuit Court against the two people convicted of the slaying.Alison …
- Hackel wants to sell or demolish 'The Flying Nun' building in Mt. Clemens
Mt. Clemens Savings and Loan building at the corner of S. Main Street and Terry in Mount Clemens, Michigan, Wednesday, August 18, 2004. / SYLWIA KAPUSCINSKI/Detroit Free …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Emergency Financial Manager
HIGHLAND PARK, Mi (My TV 20 News at Ten) — In an exclusive interview, the new emergency financial manager of the Highland Park School district tells our Jorge Avellan whats next for the district that’s facing an eleven million dollar deficit.
- Truancy Sweep on East Side
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV20 News at 10) — A mass sweep of east side of Detroit neighborhoods bring kids who are supposed to be in school but are not to the police station
- Super Bowl XLVI Most-Watched Television Show in U.S. History
111.3 million watched Sunday’s game between the New York Giants and New England Patriots, according to NBC.
- Bank Robber Claims Bag of Apple Pies a Bomb, Police Say
California man arrested Saturday, according to Sacramento police.
- Coyotes 3, Red Wings 1
PHOENIX (WWJ) – Johan Franzen scored the Red Wings only goal for Detroit as they fall to the Phoenix Coyotes 3-1 on Monday night. As heard on 97.1 The Ticket – Phoenix got off to [...]
- U.S.Orders New Sanctions On Iranian Government
President Barack Obama is ordering new U.S. sanctions on the government of Iran, including the Central Bank, amid new tensions that a unilateral strike by Israel on Iran’s nuclear program could come soon.
- Missing 11-Year-Old Auburn Hills Girl Found Safe
Police believe that Tavia Bentley is with her father, Sebastian Campbell, who does not have legal custody of the girl.
- Flu Outbreak Closes Howell School
St. Joseph Catholic School in Howell is closed Tuesday because a large number of students and staff are suffering from flu-like symptoms.
- Former U-M Prof: “Inexcusable That It Took 6 Months To Report”
The Senate Assembly Resolution calls for things like procedures that attend to the needs of victims of crimes and educating the community about reporting crimes.
- City Of Pontiac Reclaiming Neighborhoods One House At A Time
With the help of Neighborhood Stabilization Program funding, the city of Pontiac is reclaiming some of its neighborhoods by rehabbing foreclosed homes.
Tags: Travel 2 Detroit, Detroit .Michigan Hutaree militia, Mount Clemens, detroit news, macomb county circuit court, Detroit police station, Bob Bashara