Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Judge dismisses Dearborn murder case
The Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office was not able to appear for Tuesday’s jury selection …
- Delta workers get Valentine’s bonus
Forget roses and forget the chocolate, Delta Air Lines employees are walking away with cold, hard cash this Valentine’s Day …
- China pirating the Ford F-150?
It appears a Chinese automaker is trying to sell a pickup truck that looks suspiciously similar to the Ford F-150 … Tell us what you think inside.
- Millage back on the table in Allen Park
For the second time, the City of Allen Park could be asking voters to pass a millage to…SLIDESHOW: Allen Park
- “Oppose Detroit budget cuts!”
SEP Presidential candidate Jerry White will be the featured speaker at a public meeting Thursday evening called by the Socialist Equality Party, the Committee Against Utility Shutoffs and the …
- In Hutaree trial, defense says key witness given special treatment
Defense lawyers in the Hutaree militia trial are dragging Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy into the terror case, claiming she gave the …
- Hoekstra's Super Bowl ad drags his poll numbers down
The controversial first ad aired by the Pete Hoekstra for Senate campaign has taken its toll. A poll of 560 Michigan voters, done late last week by Public Policy Polling, shows Hoekstra falling …
- 104-year-old metro Detroit woman who attended first Tigers game last year dies
Detroit Tigers former player and hall-of-famer Al Kaline stopped by to meet 104-year-old Mary Johnson before the Detroit Tigers game against the Seattle Mariners in Detroit on June 12, 2011. Johnson …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Bakery Built on a Dream
ROYAL OAK (My TV 20 News at 10) – February is Black History Month, and we are celebrating by highlighting some successful local businesses owned and operated by African Americans. Tonight, we are showcasing is a small bakery in Royal Oak that offerS big tastes, and was built on a big dream.
- Law Enforcement Tackles More than Crime
WATERFORD (My TV20 News at 10) — “Protect and serve” is taking on new meaning these days for several Detroit police officers.
- This Man’s Goal is Kilimanjaro and More…
ROCHESTER HILLS, Mi. (My TV 20 News at Ten) — A Metro Detroit attorney is getting ready to head over to Africa to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro in Tanzania.
- Online Oops: High School Football Coach Resigns After Nude Facebook Photo
Maine man inadvertently posted nude photo of himself on social networking website, according to report.
- LaHood Calls For Almost $15M To Build Rapid Transit Line In Grand Rapids
LaHood says the line will offer fast and efficient access to the western Michigan city’s central business district and relieve congestion.
- Hoekstra Falling In Polls Weeks After Controversial Super Bowl Ad
The Hoekstra commercial has come under scrutiny raising questions of racism and xenophobia.
- Spurs 99, Pistons 95
The Detroit Pistons rally in the fourth quarter but fall short, losing to the San Antonio Spurs 99-95 on Tuesday night.
- Red Wings Set NHL Record And Beat The Stars 3-1
The Detroit Red Wings set a new NHL record of 21 consecutive home game wins beating the Dallas Stars 3-1 Tuesday night in Detroit.
- Wallace Plays In 1,055th Game Breaking Avery Johnson Record
Ben Wallace broke a record held by Avery Johnson for the most games played by an undrafted player since the 1976-77 NBA-ABA merger.
- Detroit Pastor Marvin Winans Will Deliver Whitney Houston Eulogy
Detroit-based gospel music legend Marvin Winans will deliver the eulogy for Whitney Houston at her private funeral Saturday in Newark, New Jersey.
Tags: Johnson ...Macomb County prosecutors, Oppose Detroit budget, Travel 2 Detroit, detroit news, Delta Air Lines, detroit red wings, Detroit Pistons, Pete Hoekstra, detroit tigers