Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Wyandotte man charged with ethnic intimidation
A Wyandotte man is charged with ethnic intimidation and …
- Detroit paramedics search for solution to slow response of EMS
A group of Detroit paramedics and EMT’s said the city’s financial problems are …
- Why Jeremy Lin owns the basketball world
So, by this time you’re probably wondering what’s the deal with Jeremy Lin of the NY Knicks?
- Sex offender arrested near Malow Junior High School in Shelby Township
A 32-year-old sex offender from Ferndale was arrested Thursday in…
- Mitt with Wall Street not Detroit
DETROIT -Rick Santorum assailed Mitt Romney in harsh terms today, hitting his GOP rival for siding with Wall Street over the state in which he was born."Governor Romney supported the bailout of …
- Detroit Could Be Saved With Tax Cuts
February 16, 2012 Former Pennsylvania senator Rick Santorum traveled to Michigan on Thursday, where he delivered a speech to the Detroit Economic Club. Polls show Santorum leading Michigan-born …
- Oakland instructor cited 'Hot for Teacher' student's 'gun obsession' in e-mails
Joe Corlett, 56, of Orion Township was escorted out of his Oakland University creative writing class after he wrote a "Hot for Teacher" essay. Now banished to online courses, Corlett has a …
- Former Secretary of State employee charged with embezzlement
A former employee of the Secretary of State office in Clinton Township could face up to 10 years in prison on charges of embezzling $19,000 from the office in 2010 and 2011.As part of her job, …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- GM Posts Record Profits
DETROIT (My TV20 News at 10) — Make no mistake, General Motors has roared back, today reporting the largest annual profit for the company ever.
- February is Also Heart Month
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV 20 News at Ten) — In addition to Black History Month, February is also American Heart Month and to promote healthy hearts, Wayne County has launched a special campaign
- GOP’s Santorum in Michigan
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV20 News at 10) — Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum is campainging in Michigan.
- Mother Accused of Stealing Marine Son’s Money While He Was Deployed
Florida woman allegedly stole approximately $4,000 from son’s account.
- Report: Police Search For Escaped Prisoner
There were reports early Thursday evening that Wayne County Sheriff’s deputies were searching for an escaped prisoner in Detroit.
- Detroit Zoo Gives Visitors The Presidential Treatment
The Detroit Zoological Society is offering $2 off all regular-price admissions to the Detroit Zoo in recognition of Presidents’ Week Feb. 20-24.
- Detroit Historical Museum: Free For Students During Winter Break
The Detroit Historical Museum will offer free admission and extended hours to students each day during Winter Break, February 20-26.
- $22M Japanese Garden Planned For West Michigan
The Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park on Wednesday announced plans for a $22 million Japanese garden on its West Michigan grounds that could open in 2015 or 2016.
- Archbishop To Discuss Parish Closing Plan
The leader of 1.3 million Roman Catholics in southeast Michigan says he’ll announce Monday the results of a review of a proposal to merge or close dozens of parishes.
- GOP Presidential Candidates Stump In Michigan
Republican Presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum both made stops in Michigan Thursday.
Tags: Jeremy Lin, Travel 2 Detroit, Governor Romney, detroit economic club, Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum, detroit zoo, Rick Santorum, Detroit Zoological Society, Mitt Romney, ...Macomb County prosecutors