Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Highland Park schools manager temporarily idled
A state-appointed emergency manager for the Highland Park school district will be temporarily sidelined from his job while the state reacts to a court order saying that …
- Canton Township family gets key to new set of wheels
They’ve fought through job less, health problems and more. Now, this struggling local family is seeing there’s a silver lining.
- Fatal shooting of Detroit baby appears gang-related
A Detroit family is continuing to grapple with the loss of a 9-month-old baby boy …
- Mitt Romney holds town hall meeting Tuesday in Macomb County, 1 week ahead of GOP primary
Mitt Romney is holding a town hall meeting in Shelby Township at …
- 5-year-old gets Spirit of Detroit Award
DETROIT (WXYZ) – At a Detroit City Council meeting Tuesday morning, little Rielly Rudolph received the Spirit of Detroit Award. The 5-year-old's desire to help other children has caught a lot …
- Lightning, Avalanche, Red Wings make 3-team deal
TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Bay Lightning acquired a first-round pick in the 2012 draft and minor league defenseman Sebastien Piche in a three-team trade that also involved Colorado and Detroit.Tampa …
- Mitt Romney signs George Romney for President lawn sign
Tim Booth, 51, of Jackson, bought the George Romney for President lawn sign at garage sale several years ago, thinking that it might come in handy one day.It did today when he took his two sons on a …
- Wayne man buys $1-million lottery ticket on way to work
A Wayne man bought a $1-million lottery ticket while on his way to work, the Michigan Lottery said today in a news release.He purchased the ticket at …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- A Little Girl with a Big Heart
DETROIT (My TV 20 News at 10) – A 5 year old girl has become the youngest reciepent of the Spirit of Detroit Award, all because of one question about what sick kids do to celebrate halloween.
- A Sweet Fat Tuesday Treat
HAMTRAMCK, Mich. (My TV 20 News at 10) – Paczki are something most of us think of as an American treat. My TV20′s Dave Leval gives us a history lesson, and shows us the origin of paczki.
- Peace One Person at a Time
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV 20 News at Ten) — Tomorrow, community groups in Detroit such as the “United Communities of America” group will host a peace event at Mt. Zion Baptist Church.
- New Type of Planet Discovered
Planet, observed by Hubble Space Telescope, described as a steamy waterworld larger than Earth, according to report.
- ‘Beet’ The Winter Blues At Lincoln Park’s Winter Farm Market
Among the specialty food items are honey, maple syrup, chutneys, jams, baked goods, dried herbs, rubs and herb mixtures.
- Islamic Group To File Suit Over School Zoning
Opponents cited traffic and other issues if the Michigan Islamic Academy is built a school near a residential area. Members of CAIR believe that’s just an excuse to block the school from the neighborhood.
- WWJ-TV To Air Mitt Romney Interview Sunday On ‘Michigan Matters’
Currently in production, the episode of “Michigan Matters” will feature an interview with Carol Cain and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
- Funeral Set For Baby Killed In Detroit Crossfire
A community gathering called the Thou Shall Not Kill Motorcade will gather at 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Mt. Zion Baptist Church, 3600 Van Dyke, in response to the baby’s killing.
- Charlie Langton: Another Senseless Killing In Detroit. A Baby Dies In A Wave Of Bullets.
Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee talked with Charlie about the homicide of 9-month old child on the city’s east side. It is the 43rd homicide of the year in Detroit. A quiet neighborhood was shattered when a [...]
- Fisher-Unitech To Partner With Finite Engineering
Fisher-Unitech, a product lifecycle management provider, said Tuesday it had partnered with Overland Park, Kan.-based Finite Engineering Associates 3D LLC to provide design and analysis services to its clients in the Midwest.
Tags: Detroit .Highland Park schools, Travel 2 Detroit, Michigan Lottery, George Romney, Tampa Bay Lightning, ...Macomb County prosecutors, detroit news