Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Lincoln Park Police warn trio of criminals are targeting elderly
Lincoln Park Police are warning residents to be on the lookout for …
- Bus, car slam into houses on Detroit’s east side
A bus and car collided Friday afternoon and went careening into two houses in a neighborhood on Detroit’s east side …
- Dearborn basketball murder case back in court
It was an emotional day in court Friday for a family who is demanding justice for their son who was shot dead on a basketball court …
- Raw sprouts blamed for E. coli outbreak in Michigan
Health authorities in Michigan say to stay away from raw sprouts because there’s been several cases of …
- Detroit gets extension in EM debate
DETROIT (WXYZ) – Detroit has been granted a one month extension as the city fights to avoid the appointment of an emergency manager. A spokesperson for the state Department of the Treasury confirmed …
- Chrysler CEO Buys $3.9 Million Oakland County Home
Chrysler and Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne has purchased a custom-built home in northern Oakland County for $3.9 million after two years of condo living in downtown Birmingham, according to people …
- UAW Members, Other Unions Hold Anti-Romney Rally in Detroit
About 200 union members from the UAW and other unions gathered this morning on the roof of the GEM & Century Theaters parking garage in Detroit to protest against Republican Presidential …
- Rick Santorum's visit packs Walled Lake school gymnasium
WALLED LAKE — Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum shook hands in a packed elementary school gymnasium in Walled Lake today.A long line of people waited to get inside more than an hour …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Romney Unveils Tax Reform Plan
FORD FIELD (My TV20 News at 10) — Republican Presidential contender Mitt Romney comes to Detroit looking for more support heading into Tuesday’s primary.
- Love Cars? Check Out These Classics!
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV 20 News at Ten) — If you love classic cars, welcome to the candy store.
- Police: Man Charged After Shooting Friend in Head at His Request
Man, 21, facing murder charge in connection with death of 18-year-old in Missouri.
- Reward Offered to Find Arsonist
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV20 News at 10) — A family owned pizza company is looking for the person who has set fire to three of their stores.
- Best Horse And Carriage Rides Around The Detroit Area
It’s the perfect time of year to get out and enjoy southern Michigan’s beautiful weather. Running and cycling are all well and good, but the best way to see the sites in Detroit is to [...]
- Wings Begin Again – After End Of Home Ice Win Streak
Detroit’s good fortune in the one-on-one duels ran out and its run ended against the Vancouver Canucks.
- A New Top Seed And A Feeble Bubble
Michigan State takes over a spot on the top line, bumping Missouri, which lost for the second time this season to Kansas State.
- Locals Protest The Closing Of 2 Detroit Public Schools
Parents, teachers and students marched in front of DPS headquarters at the Fisher Building in protest of the closings of Mayberry elementary and Southwestern high school.
- Roof Top Hot Tub Remains A Mystery At U-M
The hot tub first was noticed Saturday, had visitors the next two days, but was gone Monday night.
- “Operation Hilarity” For Tuesday’s Michigan Primary?
A campaign called “Operation Hilarity” may be gaining some traction as it encourages Michigan Democrats to vote for Rick Santorum and defeat Romney in his “home” state.
Tags: Republican Presidential candidate Rick Santorum, Detroit .Lincoln Park Police, Park Police, ...Macomb County prosecutors, Rick Santorum, Travel 2 Detroit