Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Breaking News: Child shot during attempted carjacking
A six-year-old boy is in critical condition after an attempted carjacking on Detroit’s east side.
- Decision 2012: Fight for Michigan
The question of whether Mitt Romney is conservative enough to deserve the GOP presidential nomination is again taking center stage in the Republican contest.
- Kwame Kilpatrick speaks at local church
Kwame Kilpatrick was back in Metro Detroit Sunday, speaking at the New Life Family Church in Hamtramck.
- Officials say 3 dead in Canadian train derailment
A Canadian Via Rail passenger train derailed west of Toronto Sunday, killing three railroad employees and injuring dozens of passengers, officials said.
- Detroit Stadium Event Is Exception to Romney Precision
Mitt Romney ’s campaign typically leaves little to chance, so when his aides discovered three drunken homeless men on a bench, smoking and shouting, outside Nashua City Hall in New Hampshire, …
- See what Twitter is saying about Oscar night
The Oscars are the talk of Twitter tonight. From the red carpet to the afterglow, we'll give you a sampling of what Hollywood has to say about its biggest night. (For good measure, if we see …
- Santorum tours Marquette, Traverse City, stresses religious faith
Republican presidential candidate, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum speaks during a campaign rally, Sunday, Feb. 26, 2012, in Traverse City, Mich. / (AP Photo/Eric …
- National gas prices up' cents in past 2 weeks
Camarillo, Calif.- The average U.S. price of a gallon of gasoline has jumped 18 cents over the past two weeks.That's according to the Lundberg Survey of fuel prices, released Sunday, which puts …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Police Apprehend Man Hiding in Pile of Dirty Laundry
Texas man, who was wanted on several outstanding warrants, was arrested last week, according to report.
- Teen Facing Attempted Murder Charge for Alleged Light Bulb Stabbing
Florida teen’s injuries are not life-threatening, according to report.
- Romney Unveils Tax Reform Plan
FORD FIELD (My TV20 News at 10) — Republican Presidential contender Mitt Romney comes to Detroit looking for more support heading into Tuesday’s primary.
- Love Cars? Check Out These Classics!
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV 20 News at Ten) — If you love classic cars, welcome to the candy store.
- Unchecked Stress Can Pose Health Risks
Steve Thiry, a family physician with IHA Ann Arbor family medicine says if left unchecked, stress could pose a health risk.
- MSU Clinches, At Minimum, Share Of Big Ten Title
With two games left on the Michigan State basketball schedule, the Spartans are guaranteed at least a share of the Big Ten title.
- Victim Of Home Invasion Now A Murder Suspect
The victim of a home invasion in Milan is now murder suspect, after allegedly confronting one of the men who tried to rob the house as he was leaving.
- First Time In History – Daytona 500 Postponed Due To Rain
NASCAR has postponed the Daytona 500 because of rain, the first time in the 54-year history of the event that it has been delayed a day.
- Wayne State Building Gets Nod From Green Building Council
LEED is an energy sustainability building rating administered by the non-profit.
- Michigan House Campaigns Get Early Start In 2012
While voters in most of the state are focused on Michigan’s upcoming presidential primary, pockets of Genesee and Oakland counties are getting state House races off to an early start in 2012.
Tags: detroit news, Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum, Traverse City, Mitt Romney, Republican Presidential contender Mitt Romney, Travel 2 Detroit