Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Suspect in 1975 Michigan double murder arrested
A man who has been wanted by police in Michigan for a double murder that happened more than 30 years ago has been caught …
- Funeral held for 9-month-old Detroit boy
A 9-month-old Detroit boy was laid to rest Monday, a week after he was killed by gunfire that erupted into a home on the city’s west side …
- 2 teens arrested in connection with carjackings, shooting of 6-year-old boy
Detroit police say two 15-year-olds are in custody in connection with the shooting of a 6-year-old boy Sunday night on Detroit’s east side …
- Families needed to Habitat for Humanity houses
Our community is filled with people that need to find an affordable, energy efficient and safe place to live …
- Detroit stepping on the accelerator
DETROIT – Auto sales are growing so fast that Detroit can barely keep up.Three years after the U.S. auto industry nearly collapsed, sales of cars and trucks are surging and could exceed 14 million …
- Santorum Treads On Romney Territory In Detroit
February 27, 2012 Michigan holds its Republican primary on Tuesday. Rick Santorum has forced native son Mitt Romney to campaign hard in Michigan. Santorum hopes to extend his streak of wins in the …
- Metro Detroit Arab-American leaders line up behind Ron Paul
Several Arab-American leaders in metro Detroit lined up today behind Ron Paul, saying his views on foreign policy and civil liberties make him the best Republican candidate for president. The …
- Barry Sanders files to divorce wife
Detroit Lions Hall of Famer Barry Sanders is divorcing his wife, Lauren Sanders, after more than 11 years of marriage. Sanders, 43, of West Bloomfield, filed for divorce Friday in Oakland County …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Nine-Month Old Killed in Shooting Remembered
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV20 News at 10) — It was an emotional funeral for young Delric Miller IV.
- With Prices on the Rise, AAA Offers Tips on How to Save Money on Gas
AAA offers easy ways to save money as fuel prices continue to rise.
- Man Charged With Stealing His Own Cat From Animal Shelter
Iowa man’s cat had been impounded for running at large, according to report.
- Fees, Service Issues Lead to Increase in Bank Switching, Report Says
The study, which examines the bank shopping and selection process, finds that 9.6 percent of customers in 2012 indicate they switched their primary banking institution during the past year to a new provider.
- After Wave Of Violence, Prosecutor Wants Bullet Spraying To Bring Murder Charges
“A change in the law is not the only solution to the problem of violent crime, but it is certainly well warranted,” Prosecutor Kym Worthy said.
- Team To ‘Take A Leap’ Off GM Headquarters Wednesday
The team will be attempting the first-ever attempt at five consecutive base jumps in five different cities on the same day, including in Detroit.
- Poll: Support Increasing For Government-Owned Bridge To Windsor
The EPIC-MRA survey found that 60 percent now support the Detroit River International Crossing proposal.
- Mayor Outraged At Level Of Violence In City
After a number of crimes in the city of Detroit over the past 24 hours – one involving the shooting of a six-year-old boy Mayor Bing is speaking out.
- Eric Thomas: Red Wings Stay The Same … And It’s Okay
It’s okay to be disappointed. There is no blockbuster trade coming to the Red Wings this year.
- WWJ-TV – Closest to the Pin with Jim
WWJ-TV wants to see who can get the “closest to the pin” with WWJ-TV Chief Meteorologist Jim Madaus at the Michigan Golf Show this Saturday!
Tags: Barry Sanders, Rick Santorum, Travel 2 Detroit, detroit news, Lauren Sanders