Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Key Ambassador Bridge ramp could be done by spring
The state of Michigan says it’s received federal approval to build an elevated ramp that will take trucks directly to …
- Troy police looking for thief
Troy police have released surveillance pictures of a man they say used a stolen credit card to buy gas … TIPS: 248-524-3457
- Man rescued after car plunges into Clinton River
A man was rescued early Thursday morning from the Clinton River after his car apparently slipped off the road and plunged into the icy waters …
- Detroit Tigers confirm 9-year deal with Prince Fielder
Saying “dreams come true,” Prince Fielder was introduced Thursday by the Detroit Tigers … See the video and pictures inside.
- Prince Fielder, Detroit Tigers agree on $214M deal
(FILE – In this July 12, 2011 file photo, National League's Prince Fielder of the Milwaukee Brewers holds his MVP award after the Major League Baseball All-Star baseball game, in Phoenix. A …
- Body of missing Grosse Pointe Park woman found in Detroit
The body of a missing Grosse Pointe Park woman was found in a vehicle on …
- Highland Park man charged with killing his father with a cement block
A 23-year-old Highland Park man has been arraigned on a charge of first-degree murder after investigators say he hit and killed his father with a cement block.Raymond T. Washington is being held in …
- Attorney General Bill Schuette and law enforcement officials call on Gov. Snyder to hire 1,000 new cops
LANSING – Attorney General Bill Schuette and a group of law enforcement officials including Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee called this morning on Gov. Rick Snyder and the Legislature to spend …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Authorities Looking for Person Making False Reports
DETROIT (My TV 20 News at 10) – The Coast Guard and Crime Stoppers are searching for a mysterious person calling in false distress calls.
- "Pure Michigan" Campaign Should Continue
DETROIT, Mich. (My TV 20 News at Ten) — Governor Rick Snyder says Michigan needs to continue investing in the “Pure Michigan” campaign to continue attracting more tourists to our state.
- Protesters Against High Rates
DETROIT, Mi (My TV 20 News at Ten) — Hundreds of Metro Detroit residents held a protest in front of the DTE Energy headquarters in downtown Detroit this afternoon.
- Study: Government Censorship Worries a Majority of Americans
In light of the recent buzz about Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and Protect Intellectual Property Act (PIPA), Americans admit they are more worried about government censorship than illegal downloading, says a new survey by Rasmussen Reports.
- Poll: Obama Leads Romney, Gingrich In Michigan
A new poll gives President Obama the lead over all Republilcan challengers in Michigan, including its favorite son.
- Best Party Places For Kids In Detroit
Rather than holding a typical kid’s party at an arcade or playground, make your child’s birthday party an unforgettable adventure. Detroit parents can take advantage of the area’s many unique, educational and entertaining options for [...]
- WWJ-TV – Crew Member For A Day
WWJ-TV is giving one lucky viewer the opportunity to be a “Crew Member for a Day” and go behind-the-scenes at the ISOC Amsoil Snocross Series, when it visits the Silverdome on February 10th!
- Partnership To Boost Science Learning In Detroit
The Cranbrook Institute of Science and Detroit’s public schools are collaborating to improve science education for city students.
- Detroit To Host June Job Fair For Veterans
Detroit will host an annual conference and job fair for veterans this summer that organizers say could inject $3 million into the local economy.
- Gov. Snyder Largely Paperless, Relies On His iPad
Snyder works from his electronic devices as the state police drive him from his home outside Ann Arbor each day. But even at his Lansing office, it’s hard to find him with a paper in hand.
Tags: Travel 2 Detroit, Bill Schuette, detroit tigers, Detroit Police Chief Ralph Godbee, Prince Fielder, detroit news, rick snyder