Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Couple in Royal Oak woman’s murder back in court
Hours of heartbreaking testimony was heard Friday at the preliminary hearing for a homeless couple accused of killing an 80-year-old woman …
- Detroit police precinct shooting: 1 year later
It was a year ago this week that the unthinkable happened at the Detroit Police Department’s Northwest District …
- Northville Township has redevelopment plan for old psych hospital
The Northville Township Board of Trustees has approved an $82 million development project …
- Man found guilty for deadly Oak Park accident
A man has been found guilty for a traffic crash that killed a 48-year-old woman in Oak Park …
- Canadian officials seize 10,000 pounds of live Asian carp
Canadian officials have seized nearly 10,000 pounds of live Asian carp in two shipments at the Ambassador Bridge this month, they said today. The latest seizure was Wednesday, when 6,800 pounds of …
- Police continue investigation into strangling death of Grosse Pointe Park woman
The husband of a Grosse Pointe Park woman, who was strangled to death and left in her SUV in an eastside Detroit alley, is considered a suspect, police said. According to Detroit police, Bob …
- Detroit Children's Museum reopens after 4-month closure
The kids' dinosaurs are back in business. Somewhat. The Detroit Public Schools announced today that operations have resumed at the Detroit Children's Museum after a four-month closure. …
- Detroiter gets 60-year federal sentence in violent carjacking spree
A Detroit man was sentenced to 60 years in federal prison today for a series of violent carjackings, including one in which he threatened to kill a mother and her 5-year-old child outside a beauty …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Deadly Day at 6th Precinct – One Year Later
Detroit, MI (My TV20 News at 10) — Over a year ago, an armed man walked into a police precinct and started shooting.
- Wow, What a Great Gift!!!!!
DETROIT, Mi, (My TV 20 News at Ten) — Ten lucky Metro Detroit organizations have received $100,000 each worth of public relations services from the Novi based P.R. firm “Shazaaam”.
- Soaring College Costs President’s Theme
ANN ARBOR, Mich. (My TV20 News at 10) — The skyrocketing cost of a college education and what to do about it is the central theme of President Obama’s speech this morning at the University of Michigan.
- ‘Barefoot Bandit’ Sentenced to Six-Plus Years in Prison
Colton Harris-Moore, 20, sentenced Friday in Seattle.
- The Best Romantic Trips For Valentine’s Day In Detroit
Detroit may not be known as the romance capital of the world, but there are plenty of romantic excursions available locally that will make this Valentine’s Day unforgettable.
- Pistons Lose In OT To Hawks 107-101
The Detroit Pistons lose in overtime to the Atlanta Hawks 107-101 on Friday night.
- WWJ Newsradio 950 Winter Survival Radiothon Continues Overnight!
WWJ’s Radiothon for THAW is going strong all night long, as we broadcast LIVE from The Henry Ford, raising money to keep the heat on for families in need,.
- Officers Reflect On 2011 Shooting At 6th Precinct
Officer Kerry Schultz was hit in her bullet-proof vest the day that Lamar Moore came into the police station and opened fire.
- Missing 16-Year-Old Has Police Asking For Help From The Public
Gina Picinici is 16 years old and is described as being 5 feet 4 inches, brown hair, green eyes and weighs about 130 pounds.
- Police: Mom Sends Daughter Into Grocery Store With Shoplifting List
Kimberly Swift handed her daughter a grocery list Thursday and allegedly told the girl to get the stuff without paying for it while she and her two other young children waited in the car.
Tags: Travel 2 Detroit, police precinct, detroit news, Northville Township Board of Trustees, detroit public schools, Detroit Pistons