Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Inkster could avoid emergency manager
The city of Inkster came one step closer to…
- Siblings killed in car crash in Monroe County
Two people, including an 11-year-old girl, died in a car crash Wednesday evening in Monroe County.
- Ficano opens State of County speech with apology for Wayne County scandal
Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano spent the first couple minutes of his State of the County address delivering an apology.
- Law enforcement says it’s vamping up effort to fight violence in Detroit
A violent start to 2012 for the city of Detroit has law enforcement standing together to deliver a message of safety and stop the spike in the crime …
- Young Designers Focus Efforts on Homeless Population in Detroit
Veronika Scott, right, has designed a coat, that doubles as a sleeping bag. Demetria Stewart, left, a seamstress for the company who had been homeless, has found …
- General Motors to take Peugeot stake in alliance
GM and Peugeot say their plans to share vehicle platforms and pool the purchasing of components and services will save them about $2 billion a year within five years, split roughly equally. GM will …
- Lab results back from evidence tested in Jane Bashara slaying
Results are in from forensic testing of physical evidence taken from the Grosse Pointe Park home of murder victim Jane Bashara, people familiar with the investigation said Wednesday.Police could not …
- In speech, Robert Ficano apologizes for scandal swirling around his administration
In Robert Ficano's tenth state of the county address tonight, the Wayne County executive apologizes for letting people down — and touts his plan to make his administration more accountable, …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Crazy (But Good) Way To Spend Spring Break
DETROIT, Mi. (My TV 20 News at Ten) — A group of students from the University of Michigan are spending their spring break renovating an eighty-eight year old bowling alley at the “Latino Mission Society” center in Southwest Detroit.
- Want to Buy Michael Jordan’s House?
Longtime Illinois home of basketball legend can be yours. … for $29 million.
- Consumer Reports: Subaru Tops Automaker Report Cards
Mazda showed the most dramatic improvement among the 13 manufacturers rated by Consumer Reports.
- Embalmer Accused of Selling Gold Teeth Taken From Bodies
Colorado man indicted on pawn violations, according to report.
- Neighbors Cry Foul Over Backyard Farm
The battle lines have been drawn in a Livonia neighborhood over a family’s chickens and goats.
- March Michigan Lottery Lucky Office of the Month Contest!
WWJ Newsradio 950 wants come to your office and deliver a batch of $100,000 Cashword Instant Michigan Lottery tickets for you and your co-workers! FInd out how you can win here.
- 2012 Michigan Spring Book Festival
Aimed at educating and encouraging youth to read and author books, this festival will bring together hundreds of book writers, role models and teachers of the literary craft to the Laurel Park Place Mall, April 13-15, 2012.
- Pistons Too Much For Bobcats 109-94
Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points and Greg Monroe added 19 points and a career-high 20 rebounds and the Detroit Pistons routed the Charlotte Bobcats 109-94 Wednesday.
- State To Advance Highland Park Schools $178K
LANSING (AP) – Michigan officials will advance the financially troubled Highland Park school district $178,000 to help meet payroll this week. The announcement Wednesday is based on a commitment from the Detroit-area district the money [...]
- Michigan Woman Sees All 50 States In 90 Years
Visit every state in America. That was on the bucket list that Wilma Lee of Chesterfield Township created as an adventurous teen.
Tags: Robert Ficano, city of Inkster, wayne state university, Travel 2 Detroit, State of County speech, detroit news, ...Macomb County prosecutors