Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Security increased after attack on women
Security was beefed up in Hamtramck Saturday night after three women were carjacked and sexually assaulted.
- Is your cell phone making you sick?
Is your cell phone making you sick?
- Three women abducted, raped on Detroit’s east side
Multiple sources confirm that around 2:30 a.m., four women were walking out of a nightclub near Hamtramck when a man …
- Two teens to be charged in connection with carjackings, shooting of 6-year-old boy
Detroit police say two teenagers will be charged as adults in connection with the shooting of a 6-year-old boy last week on Detroit’s east side …
- Is your cell phone making you sick
Is your cell phone making you sick? This might. A recent study from the Journal of Applied Microbiology sampled thirty cell phones and found that they had eighteen times more bacteria than a flush …
- Tornadoes' death toll hits 38; rescue efforts continue
Justin Pace helps clean up the home of Gene and Tammy Humphreys in Harrison, Tenn., on Saturday, March 3, 2012. Massive thunderstorms, predicted by forecasters for days, threw off dozens of …
- Mark Hackel fund-raiser e-mail raises ethics concerns in Macomb County
An e-mail received by some Macomb County employees through their county e-mail addresses that promotes a fund-raiser for County Executive Mark Hackel has prompted questions about whether it's …
- Packard Plant owner doesn't have demolition permits or public money
The owner of the Packard Plant — an international symbol of urban decay — has no demolition permits, no state or city money and no publicly announced redevelopment plan.And yet a family friend …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Positive Teens Making a Difference
DETROIT (My TV 20 News at 10) – Detroit continues making headlines lately, but, for the wrong reasons. There’s been a lot of attention on violence, especially crimes involving young people. But, there are plenty of good kids we don’t hear enough of in the news.
- Why an R Rated Movie Should be PG-13
ANN ARBOR, Mi. (My TV 20 News at Ten) — An Ann Arbor high school student has launched a campaign to change the movie rating of a film called “Bully” from from it’s R rating to PG 13.
- California Pair Becomes World’s Oldest Newlyweds
California couple — he’s 98 and she’s 95 — were married Wednesday, according to report.
- Man Sentenced to Prison for Handing Out Semen-Tainted Yogurt Samples
New Mexico man sentenced to two years in prison, according to report.
- Tigers Win Exhibition Opener Over Braves
The Detroit Tigers take the exhibition opener 2-0 over the Atlanta Braves on Saturday.
- Fans Brave The Elements To Buy Tiger Tickets
Individual game tickets for the Detroit Tigers are on sale for fans who picked up wristbands on Friday.
- Bus Ends Up On Side After Being Clipped By Delta Plane
Passengers on a Delta airplane taxing to its gate at Metro Airport Saturday afternoon felt a bump as a wing tip clipped an empty shuttle bus and knocked it on its side.
- ‘Thumbs Up’ As Quicken Loans Pulls Ads From Limbaugh Show
Seventeen hundred ‘thumbs up’ and counting on Facebook for Quicken Loans decision to pull their advertising from the Rush Limbaugh radio talk show.
- Auto Industry Highlighted In Weekly Address To The Nation
The President says automakers will be making cars that average 55 miles per gallon by the middle of the next decade.
- High Winds Knock Out Power To Thousands
Strong winds, with gusts exceeding 50 mph, caused more than 300 power lines to come down.
Tags: detroit tigers, ...Macomb County prosecutors, County Executive Mark Hackel, detroit news, cell phone, Travel 2 Detroit, macomb county