Straight from the presses to you, Travel 2 Detroit is joyful to present the latest Detroit News of the day for your reading convenience. We scour the internets for the latest breaking Detroit news so that you don’t have to. Remember we update our stories every 12 hours so check back inside regularly to get updated with the utmost recent news headlines from Detroit .
- Lockdown Lifted At Plymouth-Canton High Schools
The three Plymouth-Canton high schools were briefly put on lockdown Wednesday morning while police investigated a …
- Aiyana Jones’ Father Facing Charges In Teen’s Death
The father of a 7-year-old girl who was shot during a police raid on her home last year is being charged with …
- Jury Selection Continues In Underwear Bomb Trial
A man charged with a failed Christmas 2009 terrorist attack on a plane near Detroit made no outbursts Wednesday during the second day of jury selection …
- New ‘Sesame Street’ Muppet Focuses On Hunger Struggle
There’s a brand new Muppet coming to “Sesame Street” and she will focus on her hunger struggle issues in an upcoming episode …
- Students on lockdown in Plymouth-Canton Community Schools
About 6,200 high school students in the Plymouth-Canton Community Schools are in lockdown this morning during a police situation at the district's high school campus. District spokesman Frank …
- Miss Michigan USA 2012 to help kick off Women's Self Defense Awareness Month
Miss Michigan USA 2012 is scheduled to help kick off Oakland County's third annual Women's Self Defense Awareness Month on Thursday at the Beverly Hills Athletic Club in Beverly …
- Plymouth-Canton Educational Park locked down after possible threat
Canton Township- Police locked down the Plymouth-Canton Educational Park again Wednesday morning investigating another possible threat. Canton Township police officials wouldn't release …
- DTE worker dead in Grosse Pointe Farms gas line mishap
Grosse Pointe Farms- A DTE Energy employee responding to a gas leak in the Detroit suburb of Grosse Pointe Farms has been killed. Department of Public Safety officials say in a statement that …
- Macomb County prosecutors to fight parole of man convicted of murder
Macomb County prosecutors plan to argue today why a Fraser man should not be paroled from prison on a second-degree murder conviction in a racially-charged fight in 1990 in which a Detroit man was killed.
- Jewish feminist writer E.M. Broner dies at 83
E.M. Broner, a pioneering Jewish feminist writer, and former professor at Wayne State University, has died in New York City. She was 83.
- Missing snake’s owner hopes Hudini stages reappearing act
Talk about living up to your name. Hudini, a 5-foot-long boa constrictor, was last seen June 6, napping in a slightly opened backpack on a 90-degree day at Addison Oaks County Park. Her owner, Wisconsin transplant Richard Baumgardt, fell asleep, and the next morning, Hudini was gone. Baumgardt said she most likely got hungry.
- On anniversary of Michigan’s 1st Amber Alert, mother reflects on daughter it saved
A mother’s nightmare began in 2003, when Carol Ryan discovered that her 14-year-old daughter had vanished from her bedroom in the family’s home in Jones, in southwestern Michigan.
- Woman Accused of Selling Newborn for $15K
Delaware woman, Pennsylvania man facing charges related to sale of her newborn son.
- Here’s the Tip: Pizza Delivery Guy Calls Cops on Customer who Smoked Marijuana
Colorado man has a medical marijuana card and was not charged by police, according to report.
- NBA Talks Break Down, Start of Season in Jeopardy
Rest of preseason canceled, first two weeks of regular season on verge of being wiped out.
- Couple Attacked by Bear In Their Home
Pennsylvania couple lucky to be alive following run-in with black bear on Monday.
- Dave Coulier To Open Blue Water Film Festival With Comedy Show
Michigan native Dave Coulier will be providing a night of fun and hilarity at McMorran Theater on Thursday, Oct. 6 as part of The Blue Water Film Festival.
- Will Local Students ‘Walk Out’ Against Wall Street?
Organizers of the Occupy Wall Street protest are calling on college students across the nation to walk out of class Wednesday as a way to support the cause.
- Unusual Facts About The Human Body
Tonight at the dinner table, or when you’re driving to the local diner, dazzle the family with some of these facts about the human body.
- Jury Selection Resumes In ‘Underwear Bomber’ Trial
Another full day of jury selection is expected in the trial of a man charged in a failed Christmas 2009 terrorist attack on a plane near Detroit.
- Audition For Greektown’s Ad Campaign
Greektown Casino-Hotel is now accepting video entries for the casino’s new advertising campaign.
- Discover Interactive Exploration At Cranbrook
If you are the parent of children between the ages of 3 and 8, and you’re looking for interesting ways to introduce them to science, plan an outing to the Cranbrook Institute of Science Discovery Center for an interactive exploration.
Tags: detroit suburb, high school students, police officials, canton community, detroit news, grosse pointe farms, police raid, energy employee, canton township, plymouth canton community schools